Friday, September 17, 2021

Lucid Dreaming

About a month ago, my son sent a link to an audio intended to help people glide into a lucid dream. The recording is a woman with a relaxing voice, and peaceful music. The first few times I tried it, my intention was to simply use it as a way to fall asleep. I didn't really know what it was for and the experience was comforting. So, I got what I asked for and had a deep, lovely sleep.

Lucid dreams are when you know that you're dreaming while asleep. You can guide yourself within the lucid state, like being on a path and deciding which way you want to travel. Or, you can ask a question before you go to sleep and expect an answer. 

But then my son told me he experienced something bizarre after listening to it. He woke several times and sat up, about to get ready for the day. Except he was still dreaming and had not moved. He did this until he truly woke up. This creeped me out and I decided not to try it anymore.

But, curiosity got the better of me. In the audio, the woman suggests setting out an 'anchor' to let you know when  you are awake, such as a note by the bed asking, "am I dreaming?".  I put the note on my night table and snuggled into regular sleep. As I sometimes do, about five hours later, I woke up. Pushing play on the audio link on my smart phone, I set my intention to listen with the intention of achieving a lucid dream. It worked!

It felt like I was meditating, traveling, out of body, meeting different people, and going in and out of the sleep phase. Several times I was met by the same gorilla, a wise, compassionate gorilla. When I felt myself sort of partway awake, I would ask a question: how to achieve greater prosperity, health, a rocking cool partner, and happiness. The answers were spiritual, such as work more on self-forgiveness. And, more concrete like cutting down on fruit smoothies. 

Every person who does this will achieve different results. You may not get to the lucid state on your first try. It may take a few nights. Practicing at it is supposed to bring it on easier and give you more control of the dream. Be aware that you are not getting a deep sleep while lucid dreaming. It's not something to be done every night, or before an important workday in which you need to be fully rested. 

Do NOT do this if you have a history of psychotic episodes as lucid dreams can be confusing. If you are thinking about trying this, read more about it on-line. There are good articles on science based websites. 

If you try it out, let me know how it goes.

Click to purchase other fabulous ideas to link you to the spiritual world




No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Career

  I love writing. With every book, I hope to become a better writer. The current project I'm working on was for adults and I'm conve...